ALL POSITIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED Positions We are seeking self-motivated, responsible people to join our growing team at Powder Keg Farms. PKF does not trade food, education or housing for labor. All employees are covered by workers comp insurance and paid a reasonable hourly wage. Once filled, the listing will be removed, so if it is listed, it is still open.
KITCHEN MANAGER We are seeking an experienced Kitchen Manager to oversee PKF’s daily operations for its customers. The ideal candidate will have culinary and management experience. This is a part-time position. Living in close proximity to the farm (High View, WV) is a plus.
Position starts: TBD
Workdays: Mondays and Fridays, 8 or 9 a.m. to 5 or 6 p.m., depending on the season.
RESPONSIBILITIES Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand; supervise and organize food orders; manage food preparation and cooking process; recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations; monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments; work with the owner/operator to schedule PKF prepared food offerings; store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations; ensure the kitchen, pantry, and food storage areas are clean and organized; and maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
REQUIREMENTS • A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role. • In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations. • Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. • Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities. • Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
WASH STATION ATTENDANT AND FIELD HAND We are seeking an experienced Wash Station Attendant and Field Hand to help with PKF’s daily operations. This is a full-time position. Living in close proximity to the farm (High View, WV) is a plus.
Position starts: TBD
Workdays: Monday through Friday, 8 or 9 a.m. to 5 or 6 p.m., depending on the season.
RESPONSIBILITIES All wash station tasks (washing, packing, bagging); cultivating, weeding and planting; and general farm tasks.
REQUIREMENTS • Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not required if a quick learner. • Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. • Ability to perform physical labor without impairment.
TO APPLY Do not come to the farm. Send an email to MyMtnMoma@gmail.com with the subject “Employment Spring 2020” and provide the following information:
1) What is your phone number and current address?
2) Which position are you applying for?
3) What is your related experience? Please provide your previous experience with three references (include their phone number, email, and the dates you worked for them).
4) What is your availability (weekday dates and times) to come to the farm for an interview?
5) What date do you wish to begin working and what is your intended length of employment?
6) Do you understand a drug test is required?
7) Do you have a current drivers license?
8) Are you legal to work in the United States?
9) Are you able to work weekends and do you have any prior commitments that would prevent you from working any days during the season? 10) Why are you a great fit for Powder Keg Farms?